- Apostle Paul and the Pauline Letters.
- Bestselling Series.
- Neural Information Processing: 18th International Conference, ICONIP 2011, Shanghai, China, November 13-17, 2011, Proceedings, Part II!
- Cynics: Simple Lifestyle Freaks of the New Testament World | Tom Hobson.
- Download Cynics Paul And The Pauline Churches Cynics And Christian Origins Ii.
Cynics, Paul and the Pauline Churches is a unique and controversial book, particularly in its endorsement of the simple and ascetic life proffered in Paul's teachings in comparison with the greedy, consumerist and self-promoting nature of today's society. Enter your Postcode or Suburb to view availability and delivery times. See Terms for more information. Contact 07 online qbd. The RRP set by overseas publishers may vary to those set by local publishers due to exchange rates and shipping costs.
Cynics: Simple Lifestyle Freaks of the New Testament World
Gerald Downing. Details if other :.
- A Very Simple Crime.
- Elements of Photonics, For Fiber and Integrated Optics, Vol. 2;
- Residential Care Transformed: Revisiting ‘The Last Refuge’!
- The Origins of the Federal Reserve.
- The Multivalence of Biblical Texts and Theological Meanings (Society of Biblical Literature - Symposium).
- Download Cynics Paul And The Pauline Churches Cynics And Christian Origins Ii;
Thanks for telling us about the problem. Return to Book Page.
Cynics, Paul & the Pauline Churches : Francis Gerald Downing :
Preview — Cynics and Christian Origins by F. Cynics and Christian Origins by F.
This study shows that the wealth of parallels between the Jesus tradition and popular Cynicism suggest that Cynicism has been an important element in Christianity from the earliest days. Get A Copy. Hardcover , pages. More Details Original Title. Friend Reviews. To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.
To ask other readers questions about Cynics and Christian Origins , please sign up. Be the first to ask a question about Cynics and Christian Origins.
Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews. Showing Rating details.
Sort order. Oct 23, Ben rated it liked it.
This is a fascinating comparative study exploring the influence of the Cynic philosophers on early Christianity. Downing is meticulous in his exploration of the sources, and intelligently reviews the extant information regarding the perception of Cynics by both their detractors and admirers, and the Cynic tradition as a living current during the early years of Christianity.
The problem is, he tries too hard to make the pieces fit.